Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Join Me To Help Stop Puppy Mills!!!

I could not stop thinking about the Oprah show last Friday. Her segment covered puppy mills. Sadly the largest one is right here in my own state, which I had no idea. You will be totally amazed at what goes on in these puppy mills. Oprah's show was very educational in showing the puppy mills, and what the animals go through! I had to turn off the TV at one point where they were euthanizing dogs at a shelter to make room! These were perfectly healthy and beautiful dogs. My heart was broken just thinking about it! They have to put down more than 40 dogs per day, could you imagine having to pick the ones to put down!! Here is an article on Oprah about Fort Worth Animal Shelter: http://www.oprah.com/world/global/slide/200804/global_20080404_114.jhtml

An eye opening video on dog auctions



Join me to help stop Puppy Mills by taking the pledge and placing banners on your sites, and blogs by going to The Humane Society of The United States page here: https://community.hsus.org/campaign/stoppuppymills_web?source=gaba5y

Other animal resources:
Main Line Animal Rescue Featured on Oprah: http://www.mlar.org/ Beautiful full breed animals are also up for adoption on this site!!

More here on Oprah's site: http://www.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200804/tows_past_20080404_b.jhtml

We can change the laws to help these sweet dogs!

6 comments:

Jo Janoski said...

I'm in! Hoping to sign a pledge and put a banner on my page tonight!

Jo A. T.B. said...

Hi Jo,

Thanks! If you know anyone who wants a dog, the Main Line Rescue site, doesn't want to ship the dogs out of state, they want to keep in PA. My husband and I are partial to Labs, and when our baby goes, we will be going there if we decide to get another dog. There were so many yellow labs for adoption! Even puppies! All different breeds, most full blooded. How is your dog doing? You may want to check for your breed there too for future reference! Take care :)

ozymandiaz said...

As one of my duties at work was mainting equipment at the animal control shelter.
I shant go into great detail here as I still get the heebie geebies thinking of it.
Suffice to say I imagine there is a level of hell kinda like it.
The animals would watch me
watch me
as they died

Jo Janoski said...

Hi jo,
My dog is hanging in there. She's slow, but still enjoying all treats and hugs we can give her. Thanks for asking.

Jo A. T.B. said...

Oh Ozy what a haunting image to carry with you! My sister worked for our local sheter for a few years, and she said she had to be at their side so they would not be alone. Some things are just out our hands, we can't always change the world, but we can sure try!

Jo A. T.B. said...

Glad to hear your dog is haning in there jo! I'm sure she's loving all those treats and hugs! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails