Friday, August 1, 2008

Heaven Aligns The Earth




Heaven Aligns The Earth

Here
where Heaven
aligns the earth,
where God and I
silently consort.
Lone hawk soaring
perched upon treetops.

Here
where life exists
unjudged,
untouched,
exuding
simplistic beauty.

Here
where locusts,
and melodic cicadas
lull a summer day’s end,

Here
where Heaven
aligns the earth,
fiery Twilight
glorifies
sullen rain clouds,
billowing
a breathless sky.

©Jo A. True-Burkholder 2008

Last evening a summer storm left this beautiful piece of sky. You see through my eyes, how Heaven touches the earth. I often wonder if there’s a better paradise than this. The here and now of our living lives. Perhaps only a prelude of what’s yet to come!

7 comments:

Jo Janoski said...

Ah, thank you, I needed this!

Jo said...

You're welcome Jo! We all need a piece of Heaven sometimes.

ochikeron said...

Your skies are always beautiful! I hope we can see this sky here in Japan after the terrible storm we're having right now...

Jo said...

Summer's are always beautiful here Ochi! Seems we always have a lot of rain in Spring & Fall. Winter can be breathtaking also, with the snow scapes! I hope your storm leaves soon!

ochikeron said...

You have so much fun every season! I envy your place. Most seasons in the city is not that pleasure. We have footprints on the snow :( Someday, I will move to a place with more space! And grow vegetables of course ;)

ochikeron said...

Hi jo! I'm glad that your blog came back :)

Jo said...

Glad to be back to Ochi! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails