Tuesday, July 6, 2010

We Deserve The Chance To Live ~ Poem For Urgent Dogs On Death Row!!



We Deserve The Chance To Live ~ (Poem for Urgent Dogs On Death Row)

Who will love me when I’m abandoned,
when all my hope is stripped away?
Where do I turn when I feel lonely?
Begging to live just one more day.

Who will embrace the sorrow in my eyes.
Speak out all the words I cannot say.
Hear my silent, frightened cries.
Begging to live just one more day.

Who will finally come to my rescue,
during my last dying hour I pray..
My worthy cause will not be forgotten.
Deserving to live just one more day.

Who will mourn my undue passing?
Never knowing the love I had to give.
Show me great miracles can still happen,
Because we all deserve the chance to live.

©Jo A. True-Burkholder 2010


In Memory of Missy tan dog pictured and all shelter dogs who are euthanized everyday. I’ve been networking Mystery aka Mister for the past two weeks, her momma Missy was euthanized on June 18, 2010. I was so affected by this beautiful and vibrant dog's death, that I decided to make them the poster dogs for my mission to bring awareness to the plight of Death Row Dogs. I was determined that Mistress would not have the same fate as her momma. I feel I let Missy down, her face will forever haunt me and remain on my pages, because I found her link a day too late.

Be a miracle~ please help me save Urgent Dogs On Death Row!! To bring worldwide awareness to their untimely plight, and ultimately to help save their lives. Did you know that one dog or cat is put down every 8 SECONDS according to the HSUS? This is an astonishing amount of dead dogs and cats littering our shelter trash bins!! Most like Missy are young, healthy and would make a great family pet!!

Join me in my passionate mission to save literally millions of beautiful healthy dogs and cats waiting desperately to be rescued, fostered, sponsored, and adopted!! So many of them go unnoticed like Missy and her baby Mystery. Their faces get lost because there're so many urgent dogs and cats filling our shelters daily.

Missy’s daughter Mystery has been rescued and given the chance, that both of them truly deserved. I had the pleasure of networking out this adorable pup only 4 months old. Contacting close to 60 rescues, a wonderful rescue has committed to taking Mistress and not a day too soon. I'm learning so much about what goes on behind rescue scenes and have profound respect for all involved. We had a circle of rescue ladies from 5 different states, hustling to make Mystery’s rescue possible including her shelter. She's now safe with her foster mom in Georgia, soon to be transported by ARF to her rescue in Minnesota!

Please make your sponsor donations, or help with transport or medical costs. Most shelters just simply don’t have funds to pay for all these costs. Some dogs simply need medical treatment to make them available for rescue or adoption. A large majority of shelters need funds to cover medical costs, and like Missy may be put down for an oversight cost of medical attention!!

We can’t let this happen to such beautiful souls, who have so much love to give us. Your dollars can be the only difference, between their life and death. Mystery is one lucky pup, and we almost didn't make it to save her. We couldn't help to save her momma, but I can rest knowing her sweet orphan puppy lives!!!


Thanks to some very special rescue ladies, her shelter coordinator, and foster mom, Mystery is SAFE!!! Mystery is a temp name, until she reaches her rescue!!

View 8 Rescued Dogs I helped to feature on my blog and facebook!

2 comments:

Nazarina A said...

Another dog saved by your tireless efforts and others, BRAVO!Do not for one moment think that all your networking is not paying off, because what you might think is insignificant in the ratio of animals being euthanized, it is definitely BIG!

Your poem is poignantly appropriate and beautiful! If I was a dog or cat, I would be lucky to have you in my corner!

BTW, I have adopted a new little kitty from the "Dumb friend's league." I am just so mesmerized by her "cuteness."

Jo A. T.B. said...

thanks Nazarina, yup had a small part in it. Good at being a big mouth, some put me in my place, and I just kept going anyway.

Glad you liked my poem, I was so sad for Missy, isn't she just a beauty!!

Oh you got your new kitty, I can't wait to see the photos, either post to your site, or send to me!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails