Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Sweet Valentine ~ Poem

My Sweet Valentine

My sweet valentine,
our love has only grown in time.
A love which continues strong,
though the daily grind goes on.
I kiss your lips so fine.


We face the world side by side,
with you my perfect guide.
In spite of life’s storms,
you stay in my arms,
along for the ride.


My sweet valentine,
where the sun brightly shines,

down on our harmony,
together we are complete.
Remain forever mine,
my sweet valentine.

©Jo A. True-Burkholder 2009


A Valentine Poem for all you romantics out there! I've always loved all the romantic and mushy stuff! Love poems are what makes the world go round. "My Sweet Valentine," is one of my favorites from my poem archives. Read another classic favorite poem of mine here in my blog archives: A Day For Lovers!

Literally In The Moment turns a year this month, and after over 100 posts I have to say it's been a blast. I've met so many wonderful writers, and enjoy reading all your blogs very much. Thanks to all of you for your presence here!

We've finally had a break in the weather in PA! The thick ice is rapidly melting with temps in the 50's! With the sun, it almost feels like Spring. The geese were flocking today, and the birds chirping. I haven't heard many birds in the thick of the ice cold weather we've been having! The warmer weather makes me feel invigorated!

One last note, I'm so excited! I was finally able to download my photoshop onto my new computer! Yes I'm back in the photo creative saddle again, another one of my passions. You can see my newest creation "Dual Colorsplash," on my blog header!

19 comments:

Dan said...

Shouldn't we all have a 'sweet valentine'. I love the header, but had not idea you created it...how cool.

It's been very warm here also(almost 70 Saturday), but I doubt winter is quite done yet.

ochikeron said...

Hi jo,

You are such a romantic person!!! I'm embarrassed to write this kind of poem, jo!!!

Congrats for the first anniversary!!! Your photoshop image is very artistic. I am looking forward to seeing your new creations. I didn't know that you are also creative in that way!!!

Jo A. T.B. said...

Thank you Dan! Glad you liked my header!

We were warm to day too, upper 50's
didn't need a coat! How nice you were in the 70's, what a tease huh! The temps are going back down this weekend!

Jo A. T.B. said...

Hi Ochi,
My husband isn't into the mushy stuff, but I like it. Thanks!

Yes I love working with photo manipulations and abstact designs. Really missed my photoshop program, but I'm happy to have it back!

Jo Janoski said...

I love the dual color splash...very exciting, and the poem is wonderful. Congrats on one year! And yes, the weather around here is astounding...60 degrees due to tomorrow! Yikes!

Jo A. T.B. said...

Thanks Jo, we better enjoy the weather while it's here, back down this weekend! High winds tomorrow, tornado weather is back too!

Anonymous said...

My first impression upon coming to this page was, "wow I love these colors!!" and then, oh what a sweet romantic poem! :)

I, too, look forward to seeing more of your photo shop creations!

Anonymous said...

PS Congrats on one year! :)

Jo A. T.B. said...

Thank you Nan! I love creating photos, just trying to find the time like everyone else! Glad you liked my Valentines's poem! Cheers to one year! :)

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Colorsplash is beautiful! Happy Valentines Day ~ I hope you do something fun!

Nazarina A said...

Jo this poem is just so beautiful. I know my husband is not the mushy type as well but this one could get them there!!!
Poetry is my first love, I actually won some money for one of my poems and have a few published ha! ha! I just do not have the time to write anymore, but when something triggers poignancy, I always revert to writing one.
BTW That abstract image is awesome!
Have a happy, romantic Valentine's day!!!

Jo A. T.B. said...

Hi Nazarina,

Poetry is my first love too, especially love poetry. I've written a lot through the years, and wish I had more time to write more!

Congrads on winning for your poem, will you post it sometime so I can read it! I won a contest once for an essay, it was a considerable amount, much more than the usual
contest prizes. I was very tickled to win! Glad you liked my design!

Sent you a couple emails, let me know if you get them! Happy Valentines to you too! :)

@nGeLine said...

Hi Jo,
you really great!! I like the poem that you write....

Jo A. T.B. said...

Thank you Angeline, glad you liked my poem!

Jo A. T.B. said...

Thanks Joyce,

Sorry I missed your post! Hope you had a Happy Valentines's day too! Glad you liked the header!

terrymcdermott said...

I enjoyed this.

Jo A. T.B. said...

Terry Thank you glad you liked my poem! :)

Unknown said...

Jo, You have written this one mushy and genuine Valentine Day Love Poem.
I love poetry and the sweetness of this poem melts my heart.
Thank you very much for sharing.

Jo A. T.B. said...

Thank you kindly for your nice comments Prathamesh! I think we need more mushy love in our world today! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails