Monday, July 13, 2009

Tiger Ranch Owner Linda Bruno Pleads Guilty! Update 7-13-09!

See Updated Post Oct 5, 2009 Below!

As jury selection was to begin July 13, 2009, Linda Bruno plead guilty to 12 counts of animal cruelty, along with 2 counts of veterinary record forging!

Judge Jill Rango refused Bruno's motion to have charges dismissed, stating search warrants from ASPCA were illegal! Instead Judge Rango ordered Linda Bruno to pay $200.000 to ASPCA for providing ongoing care to hundreds of cats seized in the Tiger Ranch raid on March 13, 2008.

Linda Bruno could face up to 24 years in prison for all the charges, which they say is doubtful. She may however be forced to face some jail time in her October sentencing!

I was totally surprised at the outcome of this highly emotional trial. Expecting Linda Bruno to put up a huge fight,as she had in the past! Today Linda Bruno seemed somber and defeated.

Somehow I don't see Linda Bruno having $200.000, and if she had maybe none of this would have happened.

I agree with many others that feral cats are really the root of the problem! I see ferals everywhere, especially here in the country! We have a few right here in my neck of the woods, one a very cute black and white tabby. I can't get near him, to even try to tame him. They're too wild to give a home to! Ones down the road just gave birth to sick kittens, and the cycle just continues on, because they keep multiplying! Folks just keep dropping them off, here in the country if they decide on a whim they don't want them.

All of us animal lovers have to stand by and watch them suffer! Alot of folks just don't see or understand the real world of ferals, and dropped off cats.

I'm sad to see Linda Bruno got caught up in all this, possibly taking on more than she could physically do, and getting in over her head!

One person can't save the world, but many can certainly make a difference!

We now wait to see, what the sentencing will be for Linda Bruno in October 2009! I'll be watching!

New Updated Post Tiger Ranch Linda Bruno Jailed Today ~ Sentencing Delayed ~
Update Oct 5, 2009!!!

Read my other Tiger Ranch Posts

7 comments:

ochikeron said...

Hi jo,

Are there that many feral cats around your area?! There aren't many around here (of course) but I see some at night near the river.

Did she tried to save those neglected cats and they all got sick?!

Hope things go well for her...

Jo A. T.B. said...

Yes there are Ochi, in fact the kittens I referred to, I think are dead from sickness and malnourishment!

I'm sure she received many sick cats there!

Linda Bruno seems to be in big trouble, and has lost her fighting spirit! She may have done some wrong doing, but I believe her intentions were good!

Bradpetehoops said...

I love the nature, too. Have a nice day. Thanks for your comment.

Jo Janoski said...

We have feral cats here, too. There is a pasture and barn across the road and they're having a great time over there reproducing all the time. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't see it as a problem.

terrymcdermott said...

Interesting post. Thanks for sharing,

Jo A. T.B. said...

Hello Brad,

I'm not sure if you wanted to post this in my blog post before this one! Nature is awesome!

Jo A. T.B. said...

Hey Jo,

I know same here in all the farms around us! It's huge problem everywhere, and most of the time they're not adoptable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails