Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Favorite Love Song! What's Yours!


Time In A Bottle has remained through the years, my favorite love song. Remarkably resonating more in my life today, with timeless lyrics, and a tear jerking melody. Jim Croce had written this beautiful song for his son A.J. at his birth. Along with his wife Ingrid, the world was shocked by Jim Croce's sudden death. Killed in a 1973 plane crash with his musician sidekick Maury Muehleisen, after performing a concert in Louisiana. Jim Croce was only 30, and Maury Muehleisen only 24, both dying at the pinnacle of their music careers.

Jim Croce was inducted into The Songwriters Hall Of Fame in 1990, and has been paid tribute by the band Queen , and also The Righteous Brothers.

Ingrid Croce has created a wonderful website in honor of her late husband Jim Croce: Jim Croce - The Official Site which is still a work in progress. I especially enjoyed reading through Ingrid's autobiography section, which she tells about her life with their son after her husbands's death. Ingrid's strength to keep his legacy alive, is thriving in her Croce’s restaurant & Jazz bar located in San Diego. She has helped with the production of new Jim Croce CD’s and DVD’s, T.V. segments on PBS, and her autobiographical cookbook "Thyme In A Bottle," is in it’s third publication. Nice to know Ingid is remarried, and doing well in spite of all the sadness she had to endure in the past.

All Jim Croce’s songs are a major cornerstone in American music, and his songs and voice will remain an icon for generations to come.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your quote from the Gospel of Thomas is incorrect. The bit about the mansion of wood and stone was added by the writers of the movie, Stigmata.

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Your veggie garden sounds awesome!

Also, I like your new picture--it could be a photo of my daughter-in-law, Yoshi! Very cute.

Don't know much about Jim Croce...I'll have to listen up!

Jo A. T.B. said...

Hello David,

I corrected and put from the movie, Stigmata. One of my favorite movies by the way! I believe in the quote as it is, that God is in everything he has created not only in church or places of worship! It's all in what you believe! There're so many interpretations! Which one is right!

Jo A. T.B. said...

Thank you Joyce, I'm still getting veggies from the garden.

I'm glad you liked the picture, I had the one with my cat, but didn't look good small as it did big. My daughter took new one in the car, I can always pick out my flaws!

I'm sure you'll recognize Jim Croce's songs, they were real popular in the 70's. "I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song," was another popular one! I was quite young then, but I never forgot the words and how beautiful Time In A
Bottle was, and no one sings it like Jim Croce! Lyrics like these inspired me to write!

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Ah, yes! I remember Time in a Bottle. It was popular at the time I had just been diagnosed with melanoma, and thought I might just kick the bucket. It always made me cry...like it was MY song.

And here I still am, 35 years later!

So THAT was Jim Croce!

Jo A. T.B. said...

I knew you would recognize the song! I can think of all the loved ones I've lost and they are all in this song. I wish we could bottle time, and take it out when we miss our loved ones the most.

I'm glad it's your song too, and you triumphed from your sickness. It's everyone's song as Jim Croce wanted and left his beautiful song to the world, it's our generation which keeps these songs alive!

You mentioned Yoshi, my mom's nickname was Yoshiko!

Related Posts with Thumbnails