Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Summer's Close~ Summer Poem And Photo!




Summer’s Close

Lone endless roads I walk along,
lay always outstretched to greet me.

Sweet Summer enshrined in all her green,
bounty enraptured warmth and beauty.

For her brief encounters pass by swiftly,
wild bitter Winter winds will soon blow.

I’ll yearn for life’s sounds to bide me,
reflecting my world within her sun’s glow.

Season upon season relentlessly ceasing,
gazing on nature’s flawless exuberance.

Year after year my eyes never grow weary,
eagerly waiting capturing one more glance.

Lone endless roads I walk along,
radiance withering closing shadows dispel.

Witnessing Summer’s incessant rebirth,
reluctantly I bid a melancholic farewell.


©Jo A. True-Burkholder 2009

My photo "Summer's Endless Road," I shot of the road beside my home before Summer season is gone! I'm sure going to miss the hot weather! We put the winter cover on our pool. The weather is in the upper and middle 70's, but the nights are too cold to keep the water temperature warm!

I caught a cold from my nephews, so it's my first Fall cold! Time to check for remnants from my vegetable garden! Tomatoes are still turning slowly!

6 comments:

ochikeron said...

Nice poem again. How nice you have such a nice road beside your home! I want to see how it looks now and in fall!!!

Please take care your cold. Also be careful the flu!!! I can't take it easy when I go to the crowded places since the air is dry now X(

Jo A. T.B. said...

Thanks Ochi,

The road look exactly the same now, but the leaves are starting to fall and will soon change!

Yes it's very hard when you must go to crowded places. The air will dry out even more as the weather gets colder!

terrymcdermott said...

Great poem and get well soon.

Jo A. T.B. said...

Thanks Terry, I'm almost better! Scary with that flu going around1

Jo Janoski said...

Beautiful pic! Goodbye, summer! Sorry about your cold. At least it's not flu...er, it isn't, is it?

Jo A. T.B. said...

Thanks Jo,

I can't believe Summer is gone! Seems in the change of cooler weather, I always catch a cold! It's about gone, thank goodness! Worrying about that swine flu going around!

Related Posts with Thumbnails