Monday, March 8, 2010

Become an Avian Advocate!


Have you ever heard the smack of a bird flying into your window? Spring migration season is upon us, and birds will soon be making their way Northward! A billion birds have a collision with windowpanes every year. The Wisconsin Humane Society with help from the Jeff Rusinow Family Foundation, are giving away Window clings.

To help with the prevention of birds flying into your home or office, these Window Alert clings will be available free from March 1, 2010 - April 30, 2010 while supples last! Order your free window alert clings on the Wisconsin Humane Society website, and read more about how you can help birds flying toward lighted buidings at night.

Read the story about Peabody, a white throated sparrow who collided with a lighted building. Learn how you can help in the prevention of bird collisions in your home, workplace, and protect birds at night all on the Wisconsin Humane Society Website.

I love to hear the songbirds in my front and backyards, bringing back life to the world around us. Now the snow is finally slowly melting, and I know the birds will be back in no time to build their nests. The hawks like the one in my photo above will be returning to our woods to roost!

Now if I could only keep those pesky blue and red birds from fighting their own reflections on our car and truck mirrors parked outside our home! We use small rags to cover our mirrors, otherwise they scratch the mirrors up!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Spring is coming soon?

Great!!!

Jo A. T.B. said...

Yes Jose, Spring is just around the bend! Today was fabulous!

ozymandiaz said...

and people think I don't wash my windows because I am lazy
OK, I don't wash my windows because I am lazy
but there IS a wonderful benefit
more folks should invest in cat fencing too
I know the birds in our neighborhood appreciate ours.
glicor
opps I'm supposed to put that below

Jo A. T.B. said...

You're hilarious D.B.

I'm a fanactic about windows, which is the reason they like to fly into them, especially the front sliding doors. I remember my past cat Bones, brought a bird in my kitchen through a hole in the front screen. Feathers were everywhere, and the poor thing was squaking like crazy! We caught it and set it free!

Enlighten me what or who is Glicor?

ozymandiaz said...

gilcor was the word verification
neat name though

Related Posts with Thumbnails