Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Adopt A Pet.com ~ Find Easy Online Pet Adoption!

If you're looking to adopt a new pet presently or sometime in the future, Adopt a Pet.com is a great place to start. Initailly you"ll be able to preview, screen, and shop for your pet online before even stepping into a shelter! I used an online service in my area to pick out my own cat OP. You"ll find adorable online photos and each unique pet story, which is an invaluable aid in choosing your new pet.

I've teamed up with Adopt Pet.com to bring more awareness to homeless pets, and their new online adoption services available across the nation. The website is very easy to navigate, and a cool feature I found they also list dogs in breed resue! Here are some excellent insights to this wonderful non-profit online pet adoption organization:

What is Adopt-a-Pet.com ?

Adopt-a-Pet.com is the world's largest non-profit pet adoption website. We are like an ad agency for shelters and shelter pets. Sadly there are 4 million healthy adoptable companion animals killed in shelters each year due to overcrowding. We do our best to relieve that problem and put pets from shelters in the homes of pet seekers all over the country.

Our website makes it easy for anyone with an internet connection to find profiles and pictures of adoptable animals by location, breed, gender, age, size, and color. Over 8,000 shelters posts pets on our website displaying over 125,000 pets available for adoption at any given time. We also help volunteers connect with shelters, and currently host over thousands of people listed in our volunteer database for shelters.

What Makes Adopt-a-Pet.com Unique:

- On our website, people can use something we call “Search Saver.” This feature will notify users by e-mail when a particular pet of their specifications in available for adoption. For example, I can tell “Search Saver” where I live, and what type of breed I am looking for. When that animal is available, I am notified the next time a pet matching my search is added on Adopt-a-Pet.com.

- As of this summer we have now made it easy for our visitors to find pets and then recommend them to friends and family via Facebook, Twitter and other social applications. We are calling the idea “Social Petworking.” Here is how it works; once you have searched and found a pet in need, on the pet details page simply hover over the button labeled “SHARE,” there you can send the pet details page to any of your friends. For more information visit this page http://www.adoptapet.com/socialpetworking/signup.

- In addition to dogs and cats, we now feature all kinds of pets for adoption, including rabbits, farm animals, ferrets, hamsters and other small animals, horses, reptiles, amphibians, birds, and even fish. This was a major initiative that took many months to research and program into the site, and it is being well-received within the shelter community.

- By teaming up with the renowned street-artist Shepard Fairey, who designed the iconic Obama "Hope" image, we have available a number of stylish ways to promote pet adoption. Shepard was able to translate his work with Obama to an image that can be used to represent pet adoption support. Merchandise can be found at http://www.muttslikeme.com/

- We have begun blogging and created a Twitter Page along with a Facebook Page. Our blog is located at http://blog.adoptapet.com/ there you can join our Facebook Group, or follow us on Twitter.

Blog Highlights:
Adopt-a-Pet.com has recently begun blogging, and every week we publish posts from two separate columns. On Tuesday we blog about pet care tips, and on Fridays we do our best to find heartwarming stories about adopted pets all over the country. Here are a few highlights from our blog:

10 Ways To Help Homeless Pet, Even If You Can’t Adopt
What To Ask Your Veterinarian
Good News In Pet Adoption – A Weekly Post
10 Things To Consider Before Adopting

I'm very impressed with the Adopt A Pet.com website. Thanks to Jeff Howard author of the blog adopt a pet.com for sending and allowing me to share with you vital information about their tremendous online pet adoption service. If we all work together, we may one day erradicate homeless pets, I'd love to live long enough to witness that day! If you're an animal lover like me, you'll want to adopt them all!

Interested in placing an Adopt A Pet.com link or banner on your blog or website you can find them here:

http://www.adoptapet.com/public/links/index.html

The shepard fairey one which I love and have on my sidebar can be found here:

http://muttslikeme.adoptapet.com/get_image/index.html


Literally in the Moment is a non-profit Arts and animal advocate website!

5 comments:

Jo Janoski said...

We found our beloved beagle mix, Rosie, on the web. It's wonderful to settle down and study your choices, if necessary. But actually, I showed hubby her picture, and he simply said, "That's the one I want." Instinct prevails. lol. The next day we went and arranged to adopt her.

Jo A. T.B. said...

Hi Jo,

I didn't know you found Rosie on the web. I too like to view the chioices available! Funny how you know the right one!

Anonymous said...

Hi jo,

This site sounds interesting!

My family own Milk. Milk is not mine ;)

You know what!? My bf and I went to see my parents and talked that we are going to get married yesterday. But I realized I'm experiencing marriage blue...

Like you said before, women should be strong! I need to be strong! I shouldn't depend on him too much. My sister was really brave and active. She doesn't have bf but she looks very strong! I was like her before and now I don't know why I dropped down like this now...

What do you think about me?!

Jo A. T.B. said...

Hi Anonymous,

Its' hard to make a commitment, marriage is a big step. For most, marriage is for a lifetime.

You must be sure this is what you want! Most every girl dreams of a fairytale life, but in reality nothing is perfect!

Your sister probrably envies you for having a boyfriend, and someone to love you! I say trust your heart, it will tell you what's right. If you need to work things out in your relationship, there's no rush to get married.

Get married only if you'll truly be happy! Only you can make the right choice, good luck!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks jo. 6-7 years were too long. I'm glad this happened before we get married. Sometimes I think we won't make the same mistake from now on...

Like you say, I shouldn't rush. My bf said we will make it official in November... I have time, so I will watch him out very carefully till then!

It is funny that I am mostly happy but get depressed suddenly like this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails