Friday, November 28, 2008

Human Rage Out Of Control ~ My 15 Minutes Of Fame!

As if school shootings, and road rage are not enough for our society. We have another madness to add to the rage list~ parking rage. We've all been in the situation where we eye up a parking space in another lane, and when we get around the spot is taken by another driver coming down the other side! Most of us just go on with our lives and find another parking spot, but not a man in a neighboring county! He was so outraged at losing his parking space, he followed the other driver around the parking lot with a hammer! The full story appears here!

Things are getting pretty tense out there folks, better be careful you might end up getting shot over a prime parking spot! I remember one time getting yelled at by a couple, because we didn't park our sports car by their sports car. Go figure! People are so finatical, I swear it's getting worse by the day! I think some folks just need some plain anger management, or major counseling! Parking rage is nothing new, it's been going on for quite some time!

In fact when I worked in retail, we had to park our vehicles in the middle or end of the parking lot. This gave our customers the best spots to park in. I always thought it was better to park near the end, because there was less traffic buzzing in and out at the further parking spots. So I still follow this ritual today, parking my car away from others to protect it from getting doors slammed into it, or damage of any kind.

I did this one day recently at my regular grocery store, they were running a great meat sale, and knowing the upper parking lot would be packed, I used the lower further away parking lot! And you know, my car was still side swiped on the back bumper. The other car gone of course. I hope that person has a guilty conscious, what goes around - comes around! You can't have nothing nice, or keep nothing nice.

I agree with the fellow officer on the fact that it doesn't hurt any of us to walk that extra few feet, unless we are elderly and unable to do so. Stress levels are so high this time of year, it's better to avoid peak shopping hours! Check out the parking rage video that was featured on the news below, boggles the mind! With the economy so bad, folks are becoming even more greedy in their ways!



Good luck and be safe on your holiday shopping endeavors!

On another note, I wanted to thank Billy Jones from BloggingPoet.com for featuring my poem "Words From A Female Sow," on his site on November 13, 2008. I just recently found the link. Thanks for my 15 minutes of fame, even though I didn't know about it. Mr. Jones site is very entertaining, love it!

13 comments:

Dan said...

Jo, my sixteen year old daughter has an abnormally large and malformed shopping gene and can't miss 'Black Friday'. She is wise enough to park at the end of lot and walk, and thankfully met with no mishaps.

She recently wrote a paper on 'Black Friday' and mistakenly referred to it as 'Black Tuesday' and couldn't figure out why I was laughing hysterically as I proof read the paper!

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

I say "Beware of stores on Black Tuesday..er, Friday!"

And, just wait until you see my Thanksgiving pictures of the shrimp and spicy tuna sushi we had! Yum!

Jo A. T.B. said...

Dan,

Your daughter and my daughter should get together! Mine also thinks we are Rockefeller's or Mellon's with the money she spends.

Hey don't laugh too hard Dan, they are making Black Friday earlier every year, soon they may start it on Tuesdays. It's funny and cute how our children miss things out of their immediate world.

Jo A. T.B. said...

Thanks again for stopping Billy! :)

Jo A. T.B. said...

Yup, Joyce,

At least go to the stores on nonpeak hours!

Your Thanksgiving sounds wonderful, we usually have shrimp on Christmas! I'll be over to check it out!

Nazarina A said...

Thank God, I do not have this parking problem,. I walk to the store everyday and get only a few things and I term this part of my daily exercise routine ha! ha!
Jo, I have an appropriate award for you and I happen to love, love your snowy landscape!

Jo Janoski said...

Speaking of Black Friday, and another kind of rage--the rage of greed--those Walmart employees that got stampeded in New York by raging shoppers. People didn't even stop to help saying they'd waited too long for the doors to open and they were going shopping dammit! One of the employees died from his injuries...Makes me ashamed of the human race.

Jo A. T.B. said...

Thank you kindly Nazarina,

I wish so much that I could walk to a store, the nearest convenience store to me is about 2and a half miles one way! It has little things I need, and some things are higher priced. The road there is also a major road and the berm is quite narrow. It's also one which folks drive very fast on. Living out in nowhere land also has it's fallbacks!

Thanks again for the award! I'm glad you liked my snowy picture, taken on my road by my home! It's also one of my favorites!

Jo A. T.B. said...

Hello Jo,

I didn't hear of this story, oh how terrible and tragic. You should feature this story on your blog! It's folks like us that would probrably try to help and get trampled on in the process! I've always been scared of crowds for this reason. Like going to the rock concerts, the masses of people make me so nervous.

Maggie said...

Glad I detest shopping! I do a great deal of online shopping.

Now, give me a bookstore or a music store, and I can stay there all day.

And I always park at the end of the lot. I don't get enough exercise, so I figure the further away the better (and it appears to be so for more reasons than getting a little exercise!).

Jo A. T.B. said...

Hi Maggie,

Anymore I detest it too, especially during the holiday season!

You're smart for parking further away. Your car will thank you for it! :)

Anonymous said...

It's a shame more people haven't been listening to the president elect's mantra "We need to unite".

I love the season of light... but I am able to do so by staying out of the frenzy and pretending it doesn't exist :-/(God bless online shopping LOL).

I heard the story about the walmart stampede, too JO. Yes, that's exactly what that feeling was; thank you for identifying it. Not just horror. But... Shame.

Jo A. T.B. said...

I agree Nan all the bickering and anger need to be controlled. I wonder if half these people have even grown up!

I don't shop online, I guess I need to get with the times!

I'll have to look that story up, I didn't see it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails