Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Crossroads ~ A Poem

For the Writers Island Prompt: Second Chance:

Crossroads

Contemplating life, I’d pay more attention to the
simple things, and far less attention to fine details.
Spending wasted time on becoming a perfectionist.
Trying to be the perfect wife, lover, mother, daughter,
sister, and friend.


As if life were only filled with infinite details of
boring perfectionism.


Had I a second chance, I’d wish for one more day,
just one more ordinary day laughing and breathing
with you.
For ours was a love worth remembering, and the
familiar single moments are what I miss the most.


Facing death loved ones gone on, searching pieces of
me scattered along these lonely crossroads. Memories
so vivid in my mind, yearning a one way ticket back
straight into the past...


for a second chance to love and touch you again.


©Jo A. True-Burkholder 2008

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails